Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where it all began....

I met Vince through a work colleague, Irene. Irene and I worked at a Nursing Home in South Perth. It was how I earned spending money while I was at Uni (I was spoilt enough to have folks who pretty much kept me). Irene and I became very close friends and I met Vince through her. Eventually we started seeing each other regularly and things just happened. I never got to use my nursing to travel the world, which is one of the reasons I chose that career. I was not going to let go of something I knew felt so right and have never regretted it for a minute. We have done so much and achieved so much together and now we are about to start a whole new chapter. Maybe we can use our nursing to show the kids the world. After all it is one of those jobs that has no age limit (relatively speaking) to getting working visas. This entry came about because I came across the first photo of us together and felt that I needed to share it. Irene and I had a falling out over my relationship with Vince and I don't know where she is today, but where ever she is I thank her from the bottom of my heart for introducing us. I have to laugh at the emu export can and cigarettes. We loved to have a drink and watch movies. I think the smiles say it all really.

On another note, some friends of ours told us today that they are going to take the plunge and follow in our foot steps. They are planning to start the process in the next month or so and we wish them luck. The best thing is that one of my main motivations for starting this blog was to share information and it seems that it is working. It is also a record for our family of the process we have gone through. Something we can reflect on in years to come. We are happy for people to contact for information and advice. Or to offer the same.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment