Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

EDOD

Tonight I just wanted to mark the occasion that today Willow and Taylor would have been 36 weeks and today was their expected date of delivery or EDOD. Instead they have been with us for 2 weeks and four days. We were told today that Willow can definitely come home on Monday.

My trip to Delhi went well. Infact it went so well I really having nothing to write about. I was nervous, but felt that I coped well. The flight was uneventful and the Commision staff were really helpful. I found Delhi a great deal cleaner than Mumbai and it looked a lot easier to navigate. I only managed to see a little from the various cab trips. One of the drivers took me on a bit of a tour for an hour or so.

So my DNA has been done. Now it is just a matter of waiting for the application to come through.
A number of people have sent me links to the following story:

Gay couple wins right to parent surrogate twins

It was heartening to read. This is our next bastion to overcome when we got home. Thanks to those who have gone before us.

We gave the slings we brought with us another go today. They work great.



Night.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment