Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Caught a Break

I notified our travel insurance broker about the changes to our travel plans and was expecting to have to pay an added premium. Why not, seems we have paid everyone else lately. To my surprise they came back saying that the changes were accepted and there was not change in the premium!! What is even better is that they cover all medical conditions, as long as you are not traveling against medical advice. For those who are interested I got the policy through the Australian Medical Association WA Insurance brokers. They were most helpful and did everything via email. I have included a link to their site. AMA WA Travel Insurance

On another front, it has been an interesting week. If you remember I mentioned that Mum had been having a rough time. Well it seems that she had a DVT in her right leg and ended up with a pulmonary embolism (clot in the lung). Thank god it stopped there and did not go to her brain (stroke). Going to her lung was bad enough. It was not a large clot and resolved fairly quickly. Between her and Dad I seem to be spending a lot of time in Emergency Departments lately and I hate being a nurse on the other side of the fence.

A nice surprise has been having Dad's sister Auntie Kay visiting from Esperance. Having lost their Mum recently I think it is good for them to spend some more time together. The funny thing is that together they both seem to be getting more like Nan each day (Dad is as grumpy as Pop was though).

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment